The Airport carpark is currently undergoing an upgrade. An additional 100 carparking spaces will be provided as part of this upgrade project. The airport carpark upgrade is expected to be completed in December 2021 (weather and site conditions permitting).
Passengers and staff are encouraged to arrive at the airport earlier to avoid being inconvenienced by traffic delays and parking changes.
The following traffic and parking arrangements are now in place:
• The short term carpark is now closed to the public.
• Public parking is temporarily located in the long term carpark.
• The passenger drop-off zone has been moved to the shuttle bus parking area.
• All taxis, buses and ride share vehicles need to use the area currently marked ‘Taxi Rank’ to drop off and pick up passengers.
For more information about the project visit Ballina Shire Council's website.
Car Parking Information
Car parking at Ballina Byron Gateway Airport is conveniently located at the front of the terminal building. As part of our ongoing commitment to improve facilities for our guests, the Long Stay Car Park is fenced and now includes undercover spaces.
Both Short Stay and Long Stay parking areas are only a short stroll from the terminal.
Car Parking Rates
2 hours – $2.00
Day – $8.00 (day of issue only)
Overnight – $14.00 (per night, expiring midnight the next eve. Example: park at 7am on Friday and return at 5pm on Sunday, 2 nights x $14 = $28) The Parking Machines will calculate the amount due. Please follow the instructions on the machine.
Important information & conditions:
- Parking machines accept credit cards and coins but do not accept notes. For your convenience, a change machine is located at the front entry to the terminal building.
- Please purchase a ticket and display it on your dashboard. The ticket must be visible whilst vehicle is parked.
- The main gate for the Long Term Car Park automatically closes and locks at 9pm and reopens at 5am. In the event of delayed flights, airline staff are able to access the car park. Otherwise a call-out fee of $80 will apply for after-hours access.
- You use the car park and the Ballina Byron Gateway Airport site at your own risk and you are responsible for any damage to yourself, any damage you cause to anybody else, and any damage you cause to your property or someone else’s property. To the extent permitted by law, you also release the Airport Operator (Ballina Shire Council and its employees, officers, agents and contractors) from any liability, action or demand for any damage, loss, injury or death occurring in connection with your use of the car park or the Ballina Byron Gateway Airport site, however caused.
Car Parking Hotline
If you require assistance with parking whilst at the airport or if you require an extension of stay, please contact the Car Parking Hotline on 0400 313 360
Passengers and accompanying baggage may be dropped off at the terminal kerbside however, due to aviation security requirements, vehicles must not be left unattended at any time. Attended vehicles are able to remain in the drop off area for up to two minutes whilst unloading passengers. Any vehicle left unattended will be subject to an immediate fine. You may collect passengers waiting for you at the front of the terminal building but only if all passengers are kerbside and ready to depart with all their baggage. Parking is not permitted outside the terminal at any time.
Meet and Greet
Convenient parking facilities are located directly opposite the terminal with stays of up to two hours for only $2.00.
Flight arrival and departure times can be checked online before leaving home should you wish to avoid unnecessary waiting.
Disabled Access and Parking
Accessible parking for mobility impaired persons is available in the Short Stay Car Park. The spaces have been located to ensure easy access to pathways leading to the terminal building.
Car Park Bookings
Bookings cannot be taken for either the Short or Long Stay Car Parks.